Jun 7, 2011
Articles of Faith
- The amount of money one makes is the clearest indicator of one’s value to society.
- Success or failure is solely determined by an individual’s intelligence and strength.
- Suffering results directly from one’s own personal choices.
- There are no accidents, only instances of weakness, ignorance and indiscipline.
- The purpose of the state, society and culture is to serve the interests of the powerful the most valuable individuals.
If you’re going to write articles of faith, even ironically, you have to have faith in articles.
I used to call chiasmus “the Adorno move,” then I learned its traditional rhetorical name, but when I am moved to use it, it still makes me think of Adorno.
I too associate the chiasmus pretty much exclusively with Adorno-ismus.